COVID Safe Plan - 1st December 2021
Tenants are responsible for ensuring the rooms they rent adhere to current COVID safe guidelines and practices.
The centre management is responsible for safety in all communal spaces:
- staggered appointments so as to minimise clients contact at the centre
- waiting room chairs are minimum 2m apart
- hand sanitiser available in all rooms and communal spaces
- DHHS approved quality face masks to be worn in all communal spaces
- rooms are no longer capped at the 1 person per 4m2 - for Room 1 this is 10 people, for Room 2 this is 9 people. Counselling rooms cap is 2-3 persons depending upon the room size
- all touch points in shared areas are cleaned with a bleach-based disinfectant each day during lunch.
- all tenants must notify clients not to attend the centre if they are required to be in isolation, or have any CoVid related symptoms.
- all tenants must check in their clients using the Services Victoria app, and notify the centre manager of the time and date of any attendees or tenants who receive a positive diagnosis.
- the centre manager will notify all tenants of who were in the centre at that time of any incident. It is the responsibility of those tenants to notify their clients at that time of an exposure risk.